If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate.

Monday, May 26, 2014

A Special Day!

Happy Memorial Day!
First things first I would like to thank all of our fellow countrymen and women who gave the ultimate sacrifice in our pursuit of life, liberty and happiness.  Without you there would be no us.

Today marks a special day in my blogging career.  Post #500 is right here on this very page.
My very first post was in September of 2009.  It doesn't seem that long ago.  Of course the first post was about hunting and my daughter.  Two very special things to me.  You can read it here if you want.  It was a very brief post but it was the start of something much larger.
She was 13 years old in that post.  She is just a few day from 18 now.  She has finished her last day of high school and will be graduating with all A's this Friday night.  I am so proud of her.  She will be off to college in August and I smile (as a tear slips down my cheek) as I watch my little curly haired, pumpkin head turn into a beautiful, strong woman.
As I look back on the time I spent with her I wish I could do some things different, I wish I could have spent more time and shared more things.  You just never realize how little time you have with them before they pack up and skip town.  I hope I have at least given her a few things to take with her on her new journey although I know she already has everything she needs packed right into her warm heart.

My blog has never been about just one thing.  It is not themed, has no structure and changes sometimes on a weekly basis.  You just never know what your going to read about from day to day.  I think that is what makes it enjoyable for me.  I know that, on any given day, whatever is in my head, begging to come out, can be thrown into these pages and it will be accepted as the norm.

When I first encountered the word "blog" I had no idea what it was.  I had never heard of it.  I was simply looking for something on a search and came across a blog.  This one actually Cowgirl's Country Life and I thought that was a neat idea.  I actually thought it was something she had made up on her own.  I didn't realize that blogging was an entire realm.  Huh!  Who would have thunk!
I still follow Cowgirl to this very day.

I have met some very special friends along the way.  Even thousands of miles apart they feel like close friends right next door.  A big thanks to the following who have kept me blogging with their continued dedication to my site:
Jenny Pearson from Pearson's Report (currently on blog hiatus)
Al from Penwasser Place
Brandon and Bryan from A Beer for the Shower

So before I ramble on any more and you get bored with this post I'll get to the actual post itself.
What better way to celebrate post # 500 of a written blog than with a video!  Ironic huh?
Life is like a box of choco....oh wait that one has been done before!

This shaky, almost unbearable video is of my garden.  Just planted these past few days.
I hope you enjoy!



Here is a video from last year.  Shot in July.  Big difference a couple weeks makes.



4 comments:

  1. Hey, no need to thank us. You've got some great writing, interesting stories, and a killer garden that's looking damn good so far. And take it from us... structure and themes are highly overrated.

    Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what the Beer Boys just said…

    Wow to those videos - you are some amazing gardener! I learned a lot from these two clips and will mind my one tomato plant as it grows - I didn't know, or think, about the weight of the tomato and the need to support the branches.
    Learn something everyday!

    And, thanks for the inclusion - like your find with Cowgirl, your blog has been a constant for me. I love what you write about - from one end of the spectrum to the other you captivate and hold my interest and that, my friend, would have yielded you a BLOG OF NOTE in my book.

    Congratulations on hitting 500 - well done!

    Cheers, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that your garden is looking good for so early. Glad you stopped by Deep Roots at Home...Happy Memorial Day and we hope your garden is overflowing this year with all things good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Isn't it amazing how fast time flies? Our children grow up while we grow more...uh...distinguished? Hmm..,distinguished. Yeah, let's go with that.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comment here please.